Explore Packages & Services
Our team of professionals in graphic design, copyediting, marketing, and more, will help bring your story to life.
Black & White Packages
Our classic packages include the essentials you need, with the option to purchase additional services.
|View what's included in all black & white packages|
|Booksellers Return Programme|
|Author Website Setup||Deluxe||Premier|
|Social Media Advertising - Essential|
|Free Hardcover Copies||3||5||5|
|Free Digital BookStub™ Codes||10||15||20|
|Free Softcover Copies||5||5||10||10|
Our full-colour packages will give your book the vibrant imagery it deserves.
General Packages & Services Questions
Not all of our publishing packages include editing; however, we believe that editing is an important step for authors looking to achieve commercial success for their books. We do offer a full range of editorial services, which we encourage our authors to review based on their specific needs.
The Balboa Press online bookstore lists all of our published titles as part of your package purchase. Review all our packages to learn about other marketing opportunities included in each package. We offer additional promotional services that may help you meet the marketing goals you have for your book. Visit our Services page to learn more and purchase any marketing services you need.
Once it is published, your book will have a global audience because it will be listed in our online bookstore. Additionally, retailers such as Adlibris.com, Amazon.co.uk, Bertrams, Blackwell, Book Depository, Coutts, Gardners, Mallory International, and many others will list your book for sale through their online bookstores, and many bookstores will have the ability to order your book for their physical stores.
Here are some specific advantages of using POD:
- Easy and cost-effective to produce books as they are ordered, either one at a time or in large numbers
- Unlike a traditional printer, which can only print a large number of books at one time, POD is an "as needed" printer
- No wasted books
- No need to store a large inventory of books
- A book can be available for an extended period of time, instead of the book being "out of print" after one print run
Royalties are based on the payments we actually receive from the sale of printed or electronic (e-book) copies of your book, minus any dispatching and handling charges or sales and use taxes. Total sales of the work and royalties are calculated on a calendar quarter basis. Royalties due will be paid within ninety (90) days after the end of each calendar quarter.
Payment of royalties can be made only via electronic funds transfer (EFT) to a United Kingdom bank account. For more information on how royalties are calculated, please visit our Pricing & Royalty FAQ.
When you purchase a package, we will assign you a publishing consultant. If you would like to order a package and get connected with your publishing consultant, please call us at 0800 0962 774.
If you have already been assigned your publishing consultant, but are unsure of his or her contact information (name, phone number, e-mail address, etc.), please call us at 0800 0962 774 so we may access your account and provide you with the correct information.
The Library of Congress sets strict guidelines about which books may receive a Library of Congress Control Number.
The following types of books are ineligible for Library of Congress Control Numbers:
- Books which do not list a U.S. city as place of publication on the title page or copyright page
- E-Books (i.e. books published in electronic format)
- Custom editions
- Items under 50 pages, with the exception of genealogies, children's literature, and catalogue exhibitions submitted by museums and art galleries
- Textbooks below the college level
- Items not intended for wide distribution to libraries
- Religious instructional materials
- Expendable educational materials
- Translations except Spanish
- Music scores
- Crossword puzzle books
Please contact our Customer Support team by calling us at 0800 0962 774 or visit our Contact Us page to submit your question.